Spinach Salad with Bacon and Hard-Boiled Eggs
This healthy, leafy salad is accented with bacon, hard-cooked eggs, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and an easy homemade dressing. It was a hit when I served it at the National Spinach Conference last year.
Total TimePrepTotal Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- In a bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, ketchup, oil and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions and eggs. Just before serving, whisk the dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 136 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Salad in Country Woman July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.