Bacon Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 290 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 28, 2018
Nothing really wrong with it just not something that we loved....
Jun 21, 2018
This is our favorite pasta salad to eat. My husband loves it
Jun 19, 2018
Favorite Summer salad. Recipe always requested at Potlucks.
May 31, 2018
This gets rave reviews every time I serve this. It's great for potlucks, just be prepared to share recipe.
May 10, 2018
Family loved it was a giant hit, can't wait to have it again. Was a great new twist for a pasta salad.
Sep 5, 2017
I love this recipe. I used Tree colored pasta. Also no bacon used one small can of sliced Black olives. It gave it a meaty taste without all that bacon I am trying to watch my sodium intake. Yum. I love the fact you use a lot less mayonnaise than the traditional macaroni salad recipes
Aug 22, 2017
for those of you who have made this:do the salt&pepper amounts taste right to you? doesn't seem like enough of either even though bacon is salty
Aug 21, 2017
Going to make it.
Aug 20, 2017
I made this tonight for Sunday dinner. I made it according to the recipe and added a bit of garlic powder. It was delicious! Everyone loved it so it'll be one of my favorite recipes for mac salad. ?? ??
Aug 20, 2017
Sounds good, can't wait to make it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.