Hot Bacon Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon. Add the sugar, flour, salt and pepper to the skillet; gradually stir in vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain macaroni. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, onion and celery. Drizzle with vinegar mixture. Add mushrooms and bacon; toss to coat. Garnish with radishes and parsley.
Aug 10, 2016
This is similar to my recipe, where did you get it? I don't add vinegar Just bacon grease.
Apr 30, 2015
Really good. I left out the radishes due to family preferences. Will make again.
Jun 25, 2013
This was pretty good, but we found out that white vinegar is not an equal substitute for apple cider vinegar.