Bacon Caprese Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Arrange cheese, tomatoes and spinach on a large serving platter; top with bacon, basil and green onions. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 225 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2018
This is so easy and delicious! I used cherry tomatoes I had on hand. I'll make this again.
Oct 11, 2016
Made this for a baby shower, it was SO easy and looked so fancy!! Received lots of compliments!
Feb 11, 2015
Aug 6, 2014
This salad has so many delicious flavors and they all blend together so well. I substituted Morning Star Bacon for the bacon and didn't put in the spinach. Very easy and delicious.Thank you, Mary Ann for this easy and delicious recipe.
May 25, 2014
Yummy! A great, light salad. Very easy to make. Will be making this again.
Sep 16, 2013
Made this for Memorial Day weekend family dinner at the lake. Before I knew it, it was gone!! Absolutely perfect dish!
Sep 16, 2013
Made this for Memorial Day weekend family dinner at the lake. Before I turned around it was gone!! Didn't use vinaigrette, just drizzled with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Absolutely perfect!