Veggie Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, peas, cheese, celery, egg and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 234 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Apr 22, 2017
This is really good and easy to make. I added an extra tablespoon of mustard and some salt and pepper just to suit our tastes, but it would still be very good as is.
Mar 6, 2016
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. Will definitely make it again!
Feb 12, 2014
just got done making this ,my son and i don't like macaroni salad ,but this we like .left out the egg and added a bit of shredded carrots ,salt,pepper and a bit more mustard , turned out great . will be making it again.
Sep 22, 2013
My husband does NOT like macaroni salads..... but he liked THIS one! ! I made a big batch for a family gathering, and there wasn't any left. Yummy!
Sep 11, 2011
I tried this salad with lemon yogurt instead of plain, as I though it would make a good taste combination with the mustard, and it turned out great! This salad is very eye- catching with its colors. Very satisfying!
Mar 12, 2011
we make this for a summer -time meal... so easy and light and it doesn't heat up the house! thank you for another summer meal idea!
Jul 6, 2010
Best macaroni salad I've ever made. I substituted shredded carrots for the celery and 1/4 cup red onions for the sliced green onions. The dressing is light and flavorful.
May 19, 2010
This was very good. I added an extra 2 tsps of prepared mustard and 2 1/2 tsps of salt once ready to be chilled. Very, very good.
Apr 8, 2010
This recipe was FANTASTIC! Loved it!