Sausage Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and onion is crisp-tender.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat. Add sausage mixture; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 244 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Aug 26, 2015
I will make this and know we'll enjoy it; however, instead of mixing the dressing "in a small bowl", I will mix it in the pan where I fried the sausage and onions (after the pan has cooled, not hot). As I stir/mix that, it will loosen any residual scrapings that will only add to the wonderful taste!
Jul 22, 2014
Very tasty. We added fresh herbs to spice it up a bit more. This is a go to for dinner.
Apr 16, 2014
This was a nice change from the typical hot bacon and spinach salad.
Apr 13, 2014
When I made this, I ending up putting the spinach in the skillet also - when the sausage and onions were just about fully cooked. I continued sautéing until the spinach was cooked down.. Delicious!
Mar 31, 2014
Made this for friends for lunch. Used white balsamic vinegar. How wonderful. !!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.