Sausage Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and onion is crisp-tender.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat. Add sausage mixture; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 244 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2015
I will make this and know we'll enjoy it; however, instead of mixing the dressing "in a small bowl", I will mix it in the pan where I fried the sausage and onions (after the pan has cooled, not hot). As I stir/mix that, it will loosen any residual scrapings that will only add to the wonderful taste!
Jul 22, 2014
Very tasty. We added fresh herbs to spice it up a bit more. This is a go to for dinner.
Apr 16, 2014
This was a nice change from the typical hot bacon and spinach salad.
Apr 13, 2014
When I made this, I ending up putting the spinach in the skillet also - when the sausage and onions were just about fully cooked. I continued sautéing until the spinach was cooked down.. Delicious!
Mar 31, 2014
Made this for friends for lunch. Used white balsamic vinegar. How wonderful. !!!!!!