Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 quarts fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well to mix. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss all salad ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle salad dressing over salad and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2012
YUM-O! Made without the mushrooms and it still tasted awesome. Love the dressing!
Mar 1, 2012
Very good spinach salad. Left off the bean sprouts, simply because the ones I had went bad before their time.
Jan 13, 2011
I make this with a grilled chicken breast and it is always a hig. The dressing is fabulous.
Dec 25, 2010
Brought this to our family Christmas gathering today and it was a huge hit! Will make this again.