Spinach Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 3 whole breasts)
- 2 cups green grape halves
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 7 ounces spiral pasta or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- Large spinach leaves, optional
- Oranges slices, optional
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Add the pasta, chicken, celery, grapes, spinach, peas, artichoke hearts, cucumber and green onions; toss to combine. If desired, serve on spinach leaves and garnish with oranges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 313 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 31, 2016
Question for those who have made this. How important are the artichoke hearts to this as I can not stand the taste of them? It looks delicious other than that.
Mar 24, 2015
Loved this recipe...it went straight into my recipe file as I plan on making it often. I substituted leftover turkey for the chicken and used romaine instead of spinach. Even my picky teenage son went back for seconds.
Oct 8, 2013
A friend just made this and gave me a container full. I am addicted to it. So happy to have the recipe.
Mar 5, 2013
This recipe is so yummy. I make this for my elderly parents, with a subsitution in the dressing. (For my diabetic dad), I omit the sugar and use 1/8 cup Agave nectar, which is low-glycemic. You can adjust this amount to your personal taste. Also I use whole grain pasta as it is diabetic and diet friendly. God bless you!
Mar 5, 2013
Why is there no nutritional information for this recipe?
Aug 24, 2012
This recipe has been a favorite of mine since my daughter saw it in TOH introductory issue many years ago. It has just the right combination of flavors and textures. The dressing is fresh and ties the ingredients together while bringing out the best in each. It is good as an eat-at-home meal, but stars at a luncheon or dinner.
Jun 16, 2010
This is my favorite salad recipe! I've had this for years and make it all the time. It is SO good, and I love the variety of ingredients. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 12, 2008
I absolutely love this recipe. I have requests from people at my work to make this for our food days.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.