Spinach Apple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn romaine
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, salt and sugar; mix well. Add apple, onion and raisins; toss lightly to coat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine spinach and romaine in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 79 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 28, 2016
Nice combination of ingredients in the salad; the dressing was a bit tart for me, so next time, I might adjust the amount of vinegar based on the sweetness of the apple I use.
Dec 16, 2015
I made this salad. And it was a thumbs up from my family. I like salads with less ingredients.
May 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing recipe. Saved to RB just today. Am glad to see thee are few carbs. in this salad. Makes me happy since I'm carb restricted.
Sep 25, 2012
Great salad! I substitute half the oil for chicken broth to cut fat/calories. Don't even miss it.