Apple Broccoli Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tart apples, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, broccoli, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and salt; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in the bacon and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 330 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 1, 2015
This salad is so tasty. It is tart and sweet at the same time. I used dried cranberries instead of raisins. Thanks, Brenda Sue, for sharing this recipe.
Dec 27, 2010
Very tasty but, the next time, I will leave the bacon out. I will add some dried cranberries along with the raisins.