I created this recipe one night when I had a craving for a twist on traditional slaw. It was a hit, and now it's a staple at all our family get-togethers. Add a cup of raisins for variety. —Hutch Hutchins, Hartsville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium apples, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sparkling apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Toss celery and apples with lemon juice. In another bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider, vinegar, oil, mustard and sugar. Pour over celery mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Stir before serving.
Originally published as Apple Celery Slaw in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.