Apple Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, apple and raisins. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, pepper and sweetener. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 66 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 17, 2015
This was SO delicious the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld. Followed the recipe as stated with the following exceptions: used full fat yogurt, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese (my favorite "Kerrygold Dubliner") (good fat is not your enemy), organic cane sugar (not sugar substitute). Keeps very well also.