Apple Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, apple and raisins. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, pepper and sweetener. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 66 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Aug 17, 2015
This was SO delicious the next day after the flavors have had a chance to meld. Followed the recipe as stated with the following exceptions: used full fat yogurt, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese (my favorite "Kerrygold Dubliner") (good fat is not your enemy), organic cane sugar (not sugar substitute). Keeps very well also.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.