Apple Pineapple Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Drain pineapple juice into a saucepan. Add margarine and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until margarine is melted. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juice mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sweetener. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, grapes and poppy seeds. Add the dressing; toss to coat Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, gently toss in pecans.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 105 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Jan 1, 2013
My daughter makes this so delicious
Aug 7, 2012
Deee-lish! And I love the fact that this is a fruit salad I can make all year long. The apples stay beautiful.
Nov 30, 2010
I can't count how many times I've made this salad to take to potlucks; always a hit. For me the pecans give it that little extra something that other fruit salads don't have.
Nov 17, 2010
Very easy to make. Works well at potlucks or just about any meal.
Feb 9, 2010
This is a very yummy fall salad. Since you have to cook the dressing it takes a little extra time but the flavors really blend nicely.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.