Pineapple & Coconut Carrot Salad
I enjoyed a salad like this at a tropical-inspired restaurant. I tried to get the staff to give me the recipe but had no luck. So I went home and created my own! I will sometimes drain a can of mandarin orange slices and toss those in as well. —Shirley Turpin, Williams, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- In a large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.