Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled papaya
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- Whisk together first six ingredients. Place remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 112 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Apr 17, 2013
Don't care for papaya - used mango instead. This is an awesome salad.
Jul 2, 2009
A member at our Community Center's Pot Luck Luncheon brought this dish. I thought it was very good. The comments around me were all affirmative. Just did know it was a Taste of Home recipe until I saw it on the web-site.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.