Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine broth, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup hot sauce; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast; discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, molasses, mustard and remaining Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Pour over pork. Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 536 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1304mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Sep 29, 2019
easy to make
Nov 2, 2016
I've made this with both pork loin and boneless-skinless chicken breasts (use chicken broth with poultry)...and both were equally DELICIOUS. The chicken tends to hold a bit more heat than the pork does.I also add 1/2 to 1 cup of brown sugar to the sauce to diffuse the heat as well.Awesome, easy recipe that's sure to be a big hit with just about anyone!
Jan 13, 2016
This was absolutely delicious. I followed the recipe except that I used a pork picnic butt and trimmed it down from the fat. I was short of time so I used HI for 4 hours and then drained it off and added the homemade sauce for 30 minutes on LO. Loved it.
Feb 7, 2015
I don't use as much hot sauce but my family loves this! They have asked for it numerous times or always make sure they around when I cook it.
Jan 18, 2015
I absolutely love this. I've adjusted the amount of hot sauce somewhat, and do some things in different sequence but overall this is a FIVE star recipe. (I'm also going to try beer in stead of broth, although I don't know what to expect but it seems to be working very well also.)
Aug 30, 2014
I didn't like this at all, it was way too sweet for me, but some of my quests loved it
May 28, 2014
This recipe turned out picture perfect....and oh so yummy!!!Going to be using this a lot this summer!!
Apr 22, 2014
This came out amazing! We used sriracha hot chili sauce instead (because that's what we had). So tasty. We had plenty for sandwiches, salads, nachos. So good.
Mar 22, 2014
This was okay.....think I'll go easy on the Louisiana hot sauce......I don't care for that wing style flavor.
Feb 17, 2014
I am making this for the SECOND time in a month, today. Instead of beef broth, I used beer. DELICIOUS! I added a little mesquite seasoning and UPPED the hot sauce a tad. I eliminated the hot sauce completely from the bbq sauce mix. The meat was spicy enough.