Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 28, 2018
Something a little different but so tasty. I halved the recipe but next time will make a full batch. Was well-received at our barbecue.
Jul 18, 2018
SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! I had to go out and get the Miracle whip even though I had mayo. Made it and it was all gone in a couple of days! And its only my husband and I. I did decrease the sugar a little just because I don't like slaw that sweet but this will definitely be made over and over again!
Jul 17, 2018
This was a great recipe. The only change was substituting mayonnaise for the Miracle Whip. Everyone loved it. No leftovers.
Jun 29, 2018
We don't like water chestnuts, but wanted that crunch factor, so we added a chopped up apple instead. Try it!
Jun 19, 2018
This is such a different take on either a coleslaw or a macaroni salad. The best of both worlds! I didn't change a thing, and I really like the Miracle Whip dressing.
Jun 13, 2018
I made this salad for a birthday party this last weekend, and it was very good. It is pretty to look at and makes a big salad. Great to take to a potluck or family reunion.
May 3, 2018
This was excellent, a nice mix of pasta and coleslaw with a tangy dressing. I used regular mayonnaise, rather than Miracle Whip. My family and guests loved it! I'll be making this salad again!
May 1, 2018
Is that 1&1/2 cups or just 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Light(1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light))
Apr 22, 2018
A fresh salad, pasta adds a new twist.
Apr 16, 2018
I made this for a baby shower and everybody raved about how good it was. I added fresh dill (lots), intimation crab, 1/2 of the onion and red onion instead of yellow and I used Mayonnaise.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.