Southwestern Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, corn, green pepper, red onion and olives.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 17, 2016
Made this for a weekend supper. Quite tasty. Did'nt change a thing. The recipe is a keeper. My son will love this. He likes Mexican food. Afterthought, I did add some cayenne pepper.
May 5, 2014
I made this for a cookout and doubled the sauce recipe. Glad to say that all the adults really enjoyed it but none of the kids liked it much. Will make again but for big BBQ's where more adults then kids will be present. I also added a can of black beans which is a yummy addition :)
May 5, 2012
Made this for a luncheon where most everyone likes spicy Mexican. Most felt it needed double the dressing (slightly dry)and double seasoning, although they basically liked it. It may have tasted better, if it had chilled overnight, I only chilled it about 2-1/2 hours. So, I would make it again doubling the dressing/seasoning, and adding some cilantro.
May 1, 2011
So tangy and flavorful. So much better than mayo drenched macaroni salad. I also garnished with pepitas.
May 16, 2010
very good flavour! Too much salt, next time I woudln't add the salt.
Nov 8, 2009
Mar 11, 2009
This is delicious. I have three small children (all under the age of four) and they BEG for this. It is SO good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.