Macaroni Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, sour cream, milk, olives, seasoned salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Drain macaroni; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 404 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
May 18, 2020
Very tasty son and I liked it very much, will definitely be making it again
Dec 1, 2018
VERY tasty! I didn’t have olives so didn’t add them. Was looking for a recipe that would use most of the items I had on hand and I found this. I doubled it because I like a few leftovers. I added a little bit more milk (2 T) just to use up what I had in it was I will certainly make this again.
Sep 18, 2014
We used leftover roasted chicken as well and left out the olives. It was very good.
Apr 26, 2013
I made this casserole & it was very good. The next time I made it, I also added 1 stalk of diced celery, 4 tbls of half and half, and used the left over rotisserie chicken for added flavor. Some made like to add abit more milk to make it creamier. This was a hit in our family.
Dec 12, 2011
Very good recipe. Didnt put in the olives
Nov 15, 2009
I would add more olives to up the taste