Macaroni Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, sour cream, milk, olives, seasoned salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Drain macaroni; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 404 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2018
VERY tasty! I didn’t have olives so didn’t add them. Was looking for a recipe that would use most of the items I had on hand and I found this. I doubled it because I like a few leftovers. I added a little bit more milk (2 T) just to use up what I had in it was I will certainly make this again.
Sep 18, 2014
We used leftover roasted chicken as well and left out the olives. It was very good.
Apr 26, 2013
I made this casserole & it was very good. The next time I made it, I also added 1 stalk of diced celery, 4 tbls of half and half, and used the left over rotisserie chicken for added flavor. Some made like to add abit more milk to make it creamier. This was a hit in our family.
Dec 12, 2011
Very good recipe. Didnt put in the olives
Nov 15, 2009
I would add more olives to up the taste