Two-Cheese Macaroni Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat; carefully stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and macaroni is tender.
May 7, 2019
I substituted mozzerlla cheese for the cottage cheese the 1st time I made this. worked out great! I will definitely try the cottage cheese in it next time.
Jul 19, 2016
perfect. I only had 3 cups of cheese, and it was still perfect. This is one dish my 16 year old daughter insisted she learn to make, and she hates to cook.
Feb 17, 2016
used 1 C Sour Cream instead of cottage cheese
Nov 29, 2015
Great recipe! I borrowed from JakeFell, reducing the amount of butter and adding sour cream. I used muenster and cheddar cheese and added about a tablespoon of dried parsley. After baking for 45 minutes, I uncovered it and sprinkled crushed wheat Town House crackers and baked uncovered 20 minutes longer. Excellent!!
Jun 2, 2015
I added a 4 oz. can of green chilies and 6 crumbled strips of bacon. Also a splash of hot sauce. It turned out amazing!
Jan 28, 2015
I used only .6 lb sharp cheddar, cottage cheese w/chive and a few red pepper flakes-it had great flavor!
Dec 30, 2014
Fast, easy and tasty. For a variation add beer in place of water. Nevertheless Mac and cheese
Jan 12, 2013
This didn't come out well and I followed the recipe exactly.
Dec 19, 2012
Aug 19, 2012
This was good. I wish it had a little more flavor but it was good. I will probably make this again next week and add some bacon to it.