Two-Cheese Mac ‘n Cheese
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, optional
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 5 Kerrygold cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic if desired; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour, pepper and salt until blended; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 4 cups cheddar cheese and Asiago cheese until melted. Mixture will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain pasta; stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 331 calories, 17g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Oct 15, 2018
May 21, 2016
Not very good. kind of bland
Jul 4, 2015
Delicious Mac n cheese recipe!
Apr 6, 2015
I love this mac and cheese! My kids rated 1 out of 5, a million.
Jan 5, 2015
Fantastic Mac and cheese recipe!
Dec 9, 2013
The 6 year old rated 5 stars. Very good recipe Will definitely make this one again.
Oct 9, 2012
I topped with panko breadcrumbs before baking. My kids and I liked the texture and flavor of this mac n cheese. The asiago was expensive, though, and I'm not sure how much that flavor came through.
Aug 7, 2012
This was very, very bland. I made it exactly as directed, but cut everything in half for half a batch.
May 23, 2012
I call it the Adult Mac n Cheese this is awesome!