Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 ounces Italian bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Aug 10, 2012
Yay! Thank you for these substitute recipes. I also tried the TOH Taco Seasoning, and it was delicious! I love having the basic ingredients on hand, and not using as much packaged stuff. :)
Feb 3, 2012
This was very easy. I used these bread crumbs on top of a casserole, to coat meat and in veggie burgers. Worked great every time!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.