Cheesy Mac & Cheese
Everyone comes home for dinner when I make this homemade macaroni and cheese. It also receives great compliments at potlucks. —Debra Sult, Chandler, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the flour, cream, half-and-half, sour cream, egg, mustard, cayenne, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in cubed cheeses. Top with cream mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until bubbly and golden brown, 30-40 minutes.