Homey Mac & Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Stir in 3 cups cheese and Worcestershire sauce until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; stir into sauce. Transfer to a greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with paprika. Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 447 calories, 28g fat (20g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
My kids only ate the crap from a box . Their mother made it all the time ....not in my house....always home made and so much better Robert....your taste buds must be dead
Jan 25, 2020
What amount of honey should be used. That ingredient is missing? won't make it until I know that and make it, then will give a new rating after eating it.
Dec 12, 2019
Robert is a jerk!
Mar 6, 2019
Thank you Zack for your Service. The Mac
Feb 13, 2019
Terrible! Don’t waste your time nor the ingredients. Kraft makes it better for $0.79 in a box with powdered cheese! So disappointing. What a waste of time. Maybe starving kids in Africa would like this but my kids didn’t. What kid doesn’t like Mac and Cheese?! Change the title from Homey Mac and Cheese to Homely Mac and Cheese!
Dec 8, 2018
The reviews stated this was bland. I would Omit the Worcestershire and Add chopped onions, parsley and cooked Italian Sausage. There are many combinations of spices, vegetables and meat that would be welcome. This is a good basic recipe although I much prefer my 10 minute stove top, one pot mac and cheese.
Jan 14, 2018
.....please thank Zachary for his service-
Oct 26, 2016
Easy and delicious..I just cut back the Worcestershire sauce...
Jan 6, 2016
Jan 2, 2016
This recipe is simple and delicious, my crew wasn't crazy about the Worcestershire sauce, so the next time I made it I only used 1 Tbs. and added a few dashes of hot sauce and some ground mustard. I also made this in my cast iron, baked to golden perfection.