Macaroni & Cheese Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; stir in eggs. Spread onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Spread over macaroni mixture. Layer with sausage mixture, mushrooms and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 263 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Dec 30, 2012
Kids loved! Fun. Must admit. I cheated and skipped sausage prep. Used pepperoni instead. Next time may try salsa and pepper jack cheese.
Feb 21, 2011
I was a little hesitant to make this(especially when I saw my husbands face after I told him about the recipe). But the kids (2 and 4) really liked it and my husband did eat 2 pieces too. I will only make it again for a kids party or something..not really an adult dish. I didnt add the onion cause my daughter doesnt like them, or the sausage but only because I dropped the whole plate of it on the floor:((.
Dec 10, 2010
good, casual eating fun. can be tweaked with other fave ingredients (olives,peppers). made me wish the kids were still at home.
Feb 23, 2009
My son LOVES Mac and Cheese. I made this for him and he loved it! As a tip: depending on the italian sausage it could get a little spicy for children, so you could use ground up pork or ground up hamburger and add italian seasonings instead.