Old-Fashioned Chicken Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, corn, chicken, celery, egg, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 337 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 15, 2010
I liked this recipe very much. It was easy to make and was delicious. I left out the eggs however. And I used canned corn, actually Mexicorn with the peppers already in it. I will definately make this salad again!
Nov 25, 2008
I made this with and without green pepper on seperate occasions. It's delicious either way.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.