I adapted this recipe from one a friend gave to me. It has a distinctive blue cheese taste and is very filling. I like to serve it with chicken. —Darlene Marturano, W. Suffield, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir until coated.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 368 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Macaroni in Country April/May 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.