Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheeses until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir until coated.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 368 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 26, 2020
I made this macaroni and cheese for a small get-together and it was LOVED by all! The blue cheese added a pleasant "tang" but I also added 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes and 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard since we like those flavors in our mac 'n cheese. I also added about 1/3 cup more milk than called for. All in all ....... this is a very tasty mac 'n cheese ...... I give it five stars for sure!
Oct 9, 2019
Sep 30, 2014
This is most definitely NOT gross! The blue cheese gives it a sharper taste but not too sharp. LOVE this!
Dec 23, 2011
it was gross