When we have to eat on the run, I turn to this tasty recipe because it comes together in a snap. Best of all, I can customize the ingredients to satisfy each member of my family. If someone doesn't care for onions, I simply omit them from their quesadilla. -Sharron Kemp, High Point, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salsa and sour cream
- Place tortillas on a griddle. Sprinkle each tortilla with the cheeses, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Two-Cheese Quesadillas in Quick Cooking July/August 2002
Dec 18, 2014
These were quite good. Nice and fast and easy. I used chopped sweet red pepper instead of green and I added a little bit of chopped cooked ham. I will definitely make them again.
Oct 15, 2012
Easy to make, and takes great!