Cheese-Stuffed Burgers for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Optional: Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 4 thin patties. Sprinkle cheese over 2 patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
May 9, 2020
The only change I made was topping with bacon. Phenomenal burgers!
Oct 29, 2013
Yes, they were OK ... I changed to 80% lean ground beef. That made it more moist. Also mixed in one egg, 2T steak sauce, 1t. garlic powder. Instead of the cheddar, used grated parmesan. It seemed to hold better in the burger! Second time I also put sliced mushrooms inside with the parmesan. Now that ... is a burger!
Sep 12, 2013
This was great, used this recipe for Labor Day and had great flavor. Nice change from plain burger.
Jun 24, 2013
Jan 19, 2012
This was not bad at all.. My husband loved it!! I even added some sauteed mushrooms in the middle :)
Sep 12, 2010
I made this Stuffed burger with the burger pocket press and it was great! Look up burgerpocketpress.com it's a handy tool to make stuffed burgers.
Jun 24, 2010
when I grilled these, the cheese just kinda evaporated out of em. They weren't all cheesy like I thought they'd be. They were okay.
Jun 21, 2010
the cheese didn't add much flavor for me.
Jun 14, 2010
It was very good and did'nt dry out
Jul 5, 2009
I made this for my family for sunday dinner and it was a HIT, everyone loved the cheese in the hamburgers, in fact, I made each one with different cheeses, I made mine on the stove top and put it to low to cook the meat allt he way through since they were so BIG, I highly recommend this recipe.