Stuffed Bacon Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 slices (1 ounce each) process American cheese
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, soup mix and water. Shape into 12 thin patties. Place a cheese slice on six patties. Cover each with another patty. Pinch edges to seal. Wrap a strip of bacon around each; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 499 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2013
Made this recipe a few days ago. It was wonderful. The onion soup mix does wonders for this recipe. It really bumps up the beefy taste. I made the mixture up early in the day so that the dried pieces of onion could soften up. This would also make a fabulous meatloaf. A Keeper *That is worthy of those 5 stars.
May 13, 2009
Super Yummy! We recently started a burger Wednesday routine and this one was the first! Extremely flavorful and great with Colby or Pepperjack cheese!