BBQ Bacon Burger
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 frozen onion rings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and dill pickles
- Bake onion rings according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, garlic salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, adding cheese during the last minute of cooking. Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, bacon, onion rings and toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without optional toppings): 768 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Mar 23, 2017
This is a great burger! Made exactly as recipe states using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I will definitely make these again!
Jul 9, 2015
I prepared these delicious burgers tonight and we both loved them. I followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious. I used KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce which is our favorite. It gave the burgers that needed boost in flavor. Yummy. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Jun 23, 2015
These were delicious and very easy to put together. Great for family cookouts
May 29, 2015
So good! I loved these burgers!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.