BBQ Bacon Burger
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 frozen onion rings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and dill pickles
- Bake onion rings according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, garlic salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, adding cheese during the last minute of cooking. Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, bacon, onion rings and toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without optional toppings): 768 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2017
This is a great burger! Made exactly as recipe states using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I will definitely make these again!
Jul 9, 2015
I prepared these delicious burgers tonight and we both loved them. I followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious. I used KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce which is our favorite. It gave the burgers that needed boost in flavor. Yummy. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Jun 23, 2015
These were delicious and very easy to put together. Great for family cookouts
May 29, 2015
So good! I loved these burgers!