Crispy Fried Onion Rings
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Separate onion slices into rings. Dip rings into batter. In a deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry onion rings in batches for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 71 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 28, 2019
These are the best onion rings that I have ever made. Thank you so much.
Jun 5, 2019
I’ve made this recipe so often! It’s excellent over steaks, fish, salad, potato dishes. It raises everything up a level!
Feb 6, 2019
Love love these onion rings!!!
Apr 28, 2018
I used seltzer water or club soda instead of reg water. I always use in batters for a more lighter, airy outcome
Apr 14, 2018
I have finally found the secret for getting onion ring batter to stay on the durn onions while cooking. Simply put the sliced onions in a ziplock baggie and let them sit in cornstarch for an hour or so before cooking! Works every time.
Mar 7, 2018
Looks wonderful, very like the one I use but I was looking for a recipe like this for an air fryer. Any help out there ?
May 5, 2017
I was looking for a quick addition to pulled pork sandwiches...Found it! This recipe is a keeper.
Mar 26, 2016
Deeeeliicious! Simple too. Yummy and light. Took a little longer to cook for us.
Nov 2, 2015
These have been declared by my husband as a new family staple. He ate a whole onion on his own!
Sep 27, 2015
Light and crispy! Declared a family favorite. Used about 2 medium onions.