Spicy Potatoes with Garlic Aioli
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (1-3/4 cups aioli)
- 3 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes (about 8 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives plus additional for topping
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl. Toss potatoes in oil and minced garlic to coat evenly.
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes. Gently toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to 2 greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans, spreading into a single layer. Bake until crispy, about 25 minutes, stirring potatoes and rotating pans halfway through cooking.
- For aioli, combine ingredients until blended. Transfer potatoes to a serving platter; sprinkle with chives. Serve warm with aioli.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup potatoes with about 3 tablespoons aioli: 469 calories, 34g fat (5g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
We loved this dish! The seasoning on the potatoes was delicious and the lemon aioli brings a bright compliment to the dish.
Dec 27, 2018
Oh, yes! This is a great spicy potato dish! The mix on the potatoes is just right and the aioli is a nice creamy addition. I used a little less mayo and a little more garlic (from a tube of garlic) and red wine vinegar in the aioli to add some tang.
Jun 3, 2018
The potatoes were crispy and flavorful. The kick from the chili pepper and red pepper were a bonus and the aioli neutralized the heat a bit. I had halved the recipe because there are only four of us but we ate it all