Garlic and Artichoke Roasted Potatoes
I like to put this side into the oven to roast with the main dish. The artichokes give it a gourmet appeal. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) frozen artichoke hearts
- 8 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place the potatoes, artichokes and garlic in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice, parsley and lemon peel; toss to coat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 143 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as GARLIC AND ARTICHOKE ROASTED POTATOES in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.