Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato
The creamy texture flavored with the roasted garlic makes this potato side dish a winner. It's easy to prepare and a perfect choice to accompany a hearty meat entree.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potato; rub with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Place potato and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Remove garlic; bake potato 45 minutes longer or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; add potato pulp and mash. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into potato shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.