Mashed Potatoes with Garlic-Olive Oil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, place oil and garlic in a small food processor; process until blended.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding cream, butter, salt, pepper and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in green onions. Serve with garlic-olive oil and, if desired, cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup mashed potatoes with 1 tablespoon cheese and about 2 teaspoons oil mixture: 299 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 8, 2018
These potatoes have a great flavor. The garlic olive oil is a very nice touch and a thoughtful way to use less butter.
Feb 12, 2014
My family loved this.
Oct 28, 2013
My family liked the mashed potatoes but didn't care for the garlic-olive oil on top. They said it was too strong. We have a recipe with cream cheese that they couldn't help comparing it to even though I told them not to! But it was inevitable. As the meal progressed they liked them more and more although they never did go for the garlic-oil oil topping.
Oct 21, 2013
Our family loves the creamy texture due to adding the whipping cream. Great flavor as well.
Oct 15, 2013
This was the best mashed potatoe recipe I have ever had! They were so creamy and full of flavor and very quick and easy to make. Personally we thought they tasted better without the garlic oil but we may try to mix it in next time as one review stated. These will be a regular in our home from now on. Thanks for sharing!
Jan 31, 2013
I only made half the recipe, and loved them. Very easy and quick to make.