Baked Baby Potatoes with Olive Pesto
These little cuties pack all the appeal of a dinner baked potato into the perfect bite-sized appetizer. I top off each one with a dollop of sour cream and coarsely ground pepper. —Sarah Shaikh, Mumbai, India
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes (1-3/4 inches wide, about 36)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place olives, onion, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Gradually add remaining oil; process to reach desired consistency.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut thin slices off bottoms to allow potatoes to sit upright. Cut an X in the top of each potato; squeeze sides to open tops slightly. Place on a serving platter.
- Spoon olive pesto onto potatoes; top with sour cream. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Serve warm.