Baked Baby Potatoes with Olive Pesto
These little cuties pack all the appeal of a dinner baked potato into the perfect bite-sized appetizer. I top off each one with a dollop of sour cream and coarsely ground pepper.—Sarah Shaikh, Mumbai, India
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3 pounds baby red potatoes (1-3/4 inches wide, about 36)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons oil and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place olives, onion, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Gradually add remaining oil; process to reach desired consistency.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut thin slices off bottoms to allow potatoes to sit upright. Cut an X in the top of each potato; squeeze sides to open tops slightly. Place on a serving platter.
- Spoon olive pesto onto potatoes; top with sour cream. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 88 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Baby Potato Bake With Sour Cream And Olive Pesto in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.