Chicken Pesto Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into six slices
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each chicken breast; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto over six slices of toast; layer with red peppers, chicken and cheese. Spread remaining pesto over remaining toast; place over top.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 495 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1048mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Oct 7, 2013
Wow! Simply delicious. I grilled mine in a cast iron pan.. Great for a rainy day. Go Seahawks
Jul 19, 2013
I cheated and used deli chicken breast slices so I wouldn't have to turn on my oven. Turned out delicious anyways!
Feb 13, 2013
Loved the flavor of the chicken. We did indoors on a grill pan instead of the outdoor grill. Used pre-packaged mozzarella slices rather than fresh mozzarella.
Apr 30, 2012
These were delicious!! The only thing I did differently was after I assembled the sandwiches I grilled them again instead of making the toast. My family went crazy over these!
Feb 14, 2012
I make paninis like this. Even better than the toasted bread. In a pinch I use the Carving Board turkey or chicken with bacon, the peppers and either the purchased pesto or some fresh basil leaves. Awesome flavor.
Feb 9, 2012
I'm not a fan of PESTO. Any suggestions for substitutions?
Feb 6, 2012
The best chicken sandwich ever!
Feb 2, 2012
[quote user="kasia027"] what would the recepie for pesto be? [/quote] Prepared Pesto can be found with the jarred garlic and such at your grocery store.
Feb 2, 2012
what would the recepie for pesto be?
Jul 13, 2010
This recipe was great! My whole family loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.