Garlic-Grilled Chicken with Pesto Zucchini Ribbons
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- ZUCCHINI MIXTURE:
- 4 large zucchini (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for noodles, trim ends of zucchini. Using a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthwise into long thin slices. Cut zucchini on all sides, as if peeling a carrot, until the seeds become visible. Discard seeded portion or save for another use.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat tomatoes and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add zucchini; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in pesto.
- Cut chicken into slices. Serve with zucchini noodles. Top with mozzarella.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1-1/2 cups zucchini noodles: 397 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 44g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 3, 2019
I am surprised no one has rated this yet. It is AMAZING. My picky husband and kids even loved the zucchini! It has a different texture when cooked like this and the flavor was outstanding. We will leave out the fresh mozzarella next time (personal preference), but I can't wait to make it again!