Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1 tablespoon oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture and mix well.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 385 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 16, 2019
DH made this recipe recently. He omitted the asparagus and used red bell pepper instead. He also used a full pound of shrimp. The combination of flavors was excellent. He put it in his keeper file!
Feb 19, 2014
I made this last night. I had frozen some pesto I had made from the basil in my garden. It was fast and easy to make and really tastey!
Jul 24, 2012
Everyone in my family really liked this. My young children wouldn't eat the asparagus, but that just left more for my husband and I to enjoy!
Jul 18, 2011
A great way to use my fresh basil. Even my girls, who are picky eaters, liked this dish.
Jul 21, 2008