Thai Shrimp Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces thin flat rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, optional
- Soak noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large dry skillet over medium heat, toast curry powder until aromatic, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in shrimp, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain noodles. Add noodles and cilantro to pan; heat through. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 361 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 27, 2015
This was just OK. We couldn't taste the coconut milk at all. I doubt I'll make it again.
Jul 25, 2015
I really liked the rice noodles, and the whole thing had great flavor as well as being easy to prepare.
Jul 21, 2015
I made it as stated. Not enough flavor made as is, I would add something more to it, then it wouldn't be this recipe. Maybe more curry, a little garlic and red pepper flakes.
Oct 26, 2013
This a super unique and tasty way to prepare pasta. My husband and I loved it!There is a great Barilla pasta coupon here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/50-off-any-one-barilla-plus-pasta-50-at-kroger-through-10-26-if-included.html