Curried Shrimp Pasta
his light and spicy shrimp dish comes together easily. My favorite pasta to use is capellini, but angel hair works fine if it isn’t available. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), halved diagonally
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions, diagonally sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding snap peas during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute shrimp 2 minutes. Add seasonings and green onions; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes. Add pasta and peas; heat through, tossing to combine and adding reserved pasta water if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 404 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as curried shrimp capellini in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.