Shrimp Pasta Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, tails removed
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain and return to pan.
- Stir in shrimp and sauce; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 545 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 26, 2015
This was so easy to make. Just five ingredients & it was delicious. I especially liked the way the peas kept their flavor. Shared it with my daughter & she agreed it was a keeper recipe.
Oct 22, 2014
I'm learning that when the magazine calls something a "fast fix" (for supper) it is usually bland! This was very bland. Made homemade alfredo sauce (just too easy to do and I know what I'm eating).
Oct 16, 2014
My family loved this recipe. Though it could probably do with more seasoning.
Sep 16, 2014
My husband and kids really liked it. I thought it needed more seasoning, maybe fresh basil or Italian Seasoning.
Sep 2, 2014
Easy & tasty.
Aug 30, 2014
I made homemade alfredo sauce and homemade pasta and thought this was a very good dish. Using a jar of alfredo and packaged pasta would be a real time saver. I love creamed peas so that was a bonus for me. Thanks for the inspiration.
Aug 20, 2014
This was okay, but bland. I steamed the shrimp with a little Old Bay sprinkled on top and used Prego Homestyle Alfredo sauce and made exactly as written, but it was still bland. I don't know if I'll make it again or spice it up next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.