Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine
Fettuccine Alfredo's been around for ages. I give it a modern update by adding tender shrimp and a pop of lemon. —Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese and parsley. Add to fettuccine; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 503 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Nov 1, 2017
I used minced garlic jar and omitted onions but otherwise made as is. Very good! Great weeknight meal!
Feb 21, 2016
Made this as directed. Only Change was used jarred minced garlic. Was way good will make again.