Easy Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, butter sprinkles and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Add the chicken, tomatoes and olives. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; serve with chicken mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 343 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Oct 29, 2013
This recipe works better with 1/2 c. cream cheese instead of the cottage cheese. I also substituted 1T real butter for butter sprinkles. I did like the addition of sun dried tomatoes and black olives. That was a nice twist!
Mar 6, 2012
Just loved this recipe!!
Nov 24, 2009
Chicken Alfredo is a well known recipe in our home and we do it the way we want it to be. This recipe is interesting but slightly different from how we fix it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.