Easy Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, butter sprinkles and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Add the chicken, tomatoes and olives. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain fettuccine; serve with chicken mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 343 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Oct 29, 2013
This recipe works better with 1/2 c. cream cheese instead of the cottage cheese. I also substituted 1T real butter for butter sprinkles. I did like the addition of sun dried tomatoes and black olives. That was a nice twist!
Mar 6, 2012
Just loved this recipe!!
Nov 24, 2009
Chicken Alfredo is a well known recipe in our home and we do it the way we want it to be. This recipe is interesting but slightly different from how we fix it.