Alfredo Chicken Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in Alfredo sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and parsley.
- Spread 1/2 cup Alfredo mixture in an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with 2 noodles (trimmed to fit pan), half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the remaining Alfredo mixture and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 621 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 1014mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein.
Apr 4, 2017
Excellent! I doubled it, added a can of green chilies to the chicken mixture, added a bit of franks buffalo sauce to the ricotta mixture as well as a tub of spreadable cream cheese. I used 2 jars of alfredo sauce. It was perfect.
Nov 22, 2015
My family liked this, not my favorite. I am sure the "right" sauce makes a difference
Sep 12, 2015
Sooo Tasty!! Made it for the first time for my boyfriend and I and we both loved it. Would definitely make it again!
Feb 10, 2015
Absolutely delicious. I used Bertolli garlic alfredo and mushroom alfredo. I did not use minced garlic due to garlic sauce. I made my own Italian seasoning. I doubled the ingredients for a bigger serving. My family loved it. This will be on the favorite list!
Jan 25, 2015
Delicious recipe. I usually double it for my family and omit the mushrooms as my boys won't eat them. It's a great change from the traditional lasagna.
Jan 8, 2015
I loved it, although I did make my own alfredo sauce. I doubled the recipe. I've made quite a few times and my husband also loves it
Jan 5, 2015
This was okay, but not great. We all ate it, but would not make again.
Dec 21, 2014
Great taste, only changes I made were I left out the egg, added some extra garlic
Jan 8, 2014
Delicious! I made my own alfredo sauce and added spinach, broccoli and zucchini to the dish. My fiance loved it!
Dec 23, 2013
Good recipe. I, too, added spinach. I also added more garlic. We like garlic. I also substituted mozzarella cheese for th cottage cheese.