Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 393 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 27, 2017
I doubled the recipe and left out the carrots. It was really good, but I didnt add the amount of mushrooms the recipe required and I probably should have. In fact, my wife's preference on pasta is to let the vegetables dominate the dish with the pasta as a compliment. For those that share a similar palette, I think this dish is worthy. I would just double everything then but the pasta. Tortellini, in particular, is pretty heavy and you can get away with that approach with this dish. Oh, and I added a little salt to my plate while serving if that's your style.
Nov 5, 2015
This is really delicious!
Dec 13, 2014
Loved this! I added salt and pepper to the veggies, chicken and pasta, and it was delicious.....very easy too!!!
Oct 24, 2014
Very easy to prepare.
Jun 16, 2014
This turned out really well. The tortellini and pasta sauce give it a rich flavor and the dish tastes wonderful with fresh vegetables. But it's not quick and easy, especially if you are a busy mom. It took more time to make than anticipated.
Jun 9, 2014
Jun 6, 2014
This is fantastic, I have used Egg Noodles, Penne or Rotini and added some Philly Herb & Garlic Cooking Cream Cheese. It is so good for leftovers too. Make this at least once a week and I am only one person eating it.
Apr 30, 2014
Great idea, but this turned out just like the 'bag-o-meals' I buy as a backup when I have nothing to cook or just really don't care and need something to make. Ya know, those frozen dinners in a bag that you just throw on the stove top and cook for like 15 minutes and viola dinner is done for 2. So not too impressed with the recipe. It was also very bland in flavor. Not going to save this recipe.
Sep 3, 2013
It was really good, but I think next time, I'll do more tortellini and less onion.
Jan 12, 2012
This was out of this world. I used a 12 oz pkg of cheese tortellini. Next time, I will cut the onion smaller. No other changes are needed to be made.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.