Chicken Penne Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a Dutch oven, adding the vegetables during the last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in butter in a large skillet until no longer pink. Add the cheeses, broth and soup mix; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Drain pasta and vegetables; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 524 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2018
This was yummy! I could not find the soup mix in our grocery store so I used about 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning. I also used a whole box of penne. Will make this again
Dec 2, 2017
This recipe was delicious! I always looked for more of a homemade version without using jarred Alfredo and this was perfect. The Lipton soup was in my salad dressing aisle at my supermarket. This dish is very flavorful.
Mar 18, 2017
This wasn't too bad. I liked how quick it was to make. The only change I made was using all broccoli since I don't care for cauliflower. I like the recipe for "Quick Chicken Fettuccine" much better, which is very similar to this recipe.
Oct 11, 2016
This recipe was delicious! Like someone else mentioned, my husband is not that crazy about pasta either. So I substituted tiny red and yellow potatoes and left everything else the same. Cook the potatoes about 15 minutes before adding the veggies. It was fabulous.
Sep 25, 2016
MADE IT TODAY AND IT TURN OUT GREAT!
Mar 17, 2016
I don't know why I didn't find this recipe sooner! Absolutely delicious. As other reviewers have commented, I did not find the Lipton soup, but used the Good Seasons Garlic and Herb dressing mix instead. I also used and entire box (16 oz) of rotini. Just the right amount of sauce for the pasta, well seasoned, delish!
Oct 31, 2013
Extremely tasty and filling as well as easy to make. I couldn't find the soup mix in the store so I used a garlic and herb salad dressing mix instead and it was good.
Jun 30, 2013
My husband doesn't really care for pasta but he loves this dish. It is very rich with all the cream cheese but oh so delicious!!!
Apr 2, 2013
Absolutely delicious and easy! I've made it twice already and received rave reviews both times. I used only broccoli florets instead of the broccoli/cauliflower combo & it was great.
Feb 12, 2013
I was out of cheddar cheese so substituted mozzarella. This was surprisingly good !! I too had trouble finding the soup mix at my normal store, but found it at the Walmart. I will definitely be making this again.