Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; stir into pan. Stir in the shrimp, cheese and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 397 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2014
This is a great simple recipe. I used raw shrimp and fried them in a pan with a bit of butter and garlic powder before adding them to the sauce. Delicious.
Jun 20, 2014
Just wondering, do you have to use cooked Shrimp, or could you add the raw shrimp and have it cook in the sauce? Obviously I am not a good cook or I would know the answer. So I look to you for help. The recipe sounds good, and I could do this. Just looking for a bit of help. Thanks!
Jun 20, 2014
JoyIsaacs -- You didn't review this recipe -- You reviewed your own! I can't review since I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure that following the recipe it will be just the way I like it. Have to give a rating in order to submit so I will give it 5 stars in anticipation of making it.
Mar 23, 2014
This was okay. Nothing great. It was missing something to give it the restaurant quality dish taste.
Feb 6, 2014
This was excellent. Definitely will make it again.
Apr 16, 2013
Delicious recipe! My family loved it. Didn't even notice it was made with half/half instead of heavy cream.
Feb 19, 2013
I added peas and carrots to this recipe. It made at least 6 servings for my family. I used skim milk instead of fat free 1/2 & 1/2, and the sauce was very thin-not like creamy alfredo should be. Still, for such low fat sauce, it was good.
Nov 17, 2012
This was excellent, although I used heavy cream because that's what I had available. This is my new go-to recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo.
Jul 26, 2012
This was awesome!
Sep 27, 2010
This was very good and I will be making it again. It was a bit thick, so I may add just a tad of milk to thin it with. Chicken would be good in it instead of the shrimp.