Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until lightly browned. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and garlic is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture; add to the pan. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, cheese and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 470 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 10g fiber), 39g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 4, 2017
Made this tonight for dinner. I used fresh broccoli and made my own Alfredo sauce. This was quick and easy and my husband loved it. Definitely a quick dish to make when you are pressed for time.
Jan 24, 2017
This is a super quick weeknight meal. I like the frozen broccoli because I always have it on hand, so for me, this is a great pantry meal.
Aug 11, 2016
Made this for dinner for the first time tonight. I added a little more grated cheese and salt because I found it to be a little bland, reason for the four stars. However; after doing so, the meal was absolutely delicious. I also used fresh broccoli
Feb 7, 2014
Very easy to make. Taste very good. I will make this again.
Jan 11, 2013
My whole family enjoyed this and it was very easy to make. I did use fresh broccoli instead of frozen. I rated 4 instead of 5 stars because it was a tiny bit bland. I think next time I'll add a few other spices. Will most definitely add it to our regular list.
Nov 3, 2012
Used two cups of bow tie pasta and one 16 ounce jar of alfredo sauce. Creamy good.
Sep 8, 2011
This is very good but where do you find reduced fat alfredo? Why use frozen broccoli when you can use fresh? Very good though
Jan 31, 2011
Couldn't be easier and my husband says this has to go in the regular rotation :) I think that means it's a winner.
Oct 28, 2010
This is very easy and tasty. Have made several times. It is one of my son's favorites!
Sep 29, 2010
Very Delicious! Another hit in my family!